Cardinal Glennon--Home away from home

Cardinal Glennon--Home away from home

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Birthday Boy Dalton!!


Ten years ago today he was brought into this world from God. Ohh what a day!! Daddy and I found out we were pregnant (well, I was the only one pg) and we were surprised, anxious, and scared to death. Me anyways!! This was my first baby.
The pregnancy was great! I loved being pg. I read all the books and everything I could get my hands on those nine months. We went in for the 18 week ultrasound and found out you were going to be a boy and you were breech. We know we have a long way to go for you to switch. I just knew this would never happen. You liked it this way. WHy I don't know. I knew I had to try to turn you though. I used bags of frozen vegetables, layed upside down on ironning boards, shined a flashlight--you name it I did it. I wanted a natural birth sooo bad.
So I went in again to see your position. Still breech!! We had talked about a manual turning process. I was willing to try anything, unlike your father. He was not keen on the idea. We decided to try though. I was given an IV and medicine to calm my muscles. With that it raced my heart. I almost had a panic attack. This was natural but I didnt like it and I couldnt calm down. So the doctor and the nurse lubed up my belly and they got on top of the bed. One at both ends. They put their hands on me (and not for healing) because it was the most painful thing. I was trying to relax but it felf awful. I was just thinking of you and how you were feeling. With someone pushing on you and I was afraid you would be black and blue. I finally told them to stop. I didnt want to risk hurting you. So we immediately went onto to a draw fluid to check your lungs. We got the results and scheduled a c-section the following week.
We woke up and went to the hospital and everything went as planned. Your dad stayed with you the entire time. I finally got to see you after forever it seemed. We stayed for two days and brought you home. THen the fun began. We both love you soo much. You have brought joy and love to our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment